Negotiations are still pending, but getting an animal may turn out to be a moot point. Today Kim met the acquaintance of Mrs. Gregerson from across the street, who gave her a flurry of information about the neighborhood, including a few things about our property that we weren't prepared for:
- A family of bunnies has been noticed in our driveway -- she seems to think they're living in a burrow under the garage.
- We can expect to see deer in our backyard from time to time, as they apparently are drawn to the apple trees at the back of our property.
- On a somewhat creepier note, coyotes have also been seen in the neighborhood from time to time.
- To top it off, she says to expect a lot of mosquitoes in the summer -- which, I would expect, would in turn mean large numbers of bats.
2 comments:
And those who know me know that I am a mosquito magnet - people around me never need bug spray, as I have a talent for attracting all the mosquitos within a 5 mile radius!
- Kim
Not only is Kim a mosquito magnet, but be careful of the ticks that are probably in the fields. Maggie seems to be a magnet for that as well. The bunnies might be cute, but the coyotes and mosquitos yuk.
I think the girls need a Harley cat!
Post a Comment